Sunday, December 30, 2007

Great is Thy faithfulness

Who am i, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me?

Are you serious? this God, in all His majesty, would reach out to my heart, and calm the battles raging within me?

i mean, why bother?

but He bothers. very much indeed. so much so that He sent His One and only Son as a payment for my imperfections, so that in His eyes, I become perfect.

and that, as another year approaches, is what i thank God for, having made the year another wonderful one with His love's ultimate gift.

this past year was a big year for me. i went for National Service, got my SPM results and started university.

there were times i trusted God more, there were times i took Him for granted.

i grew in my walk with Jesus, i grew in my character.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

as God blesses me with another year of living for Him, i pray for more intimacy with Him, perseverence in everything i face, and more pocket money. okay, maybe the last one not so much.

Through it all

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness

And I look to You
And I wait on You

I will sing to You, Lord
A hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
Im carried in everlasting arms
Youll never let me go
Through it all

Hallelujah, hallelujah

No comments: