Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the universe declares in awe

i can drift!!

well, in arcade racing at least. and i don't do it very well yet. nevertheless, the point is my car drifts and that, my dear readers causes me much joy.

i was waiting for the ktm today at midvalley after resident evil(trust me, ivan mak's choice of movie will never top my list again) and i was listening to hillsong united's none but Jesus and this particular line stood out today:

crucified to set me free

now, today it hit me because prior to that line i was just staring at the train tracks and contemplating the rush of life. mine, specifically. there's so much going on i tend to get worked up over small stuff. menial things worry me. my repeated failure to triumph over sins in my life gets to me.
why do i keep losing?

my mom was just reminding us the other day about something she read.
satan is only deceiving us.because he's already lost. Jesus has already won the battle. there's no more losing for us.

Jesus died so that we can be free.
and generally, we dont reflect a life that's been set free. we're often bound by things of the earth. fear, studies(surprise, surprise) relationships, work, the future.

how can you not worry about tomorrow?
tsunami's a definite possibility, paedophiles are roaming free, tomorrow's lecture's gonna be a killer. i can't even trust my life into the hands of the bus driver these days for a 30minutes journey.

the thing is, Jesus died so that we can live a life of freedom. we're free to go out and be salt and light of the world(Matthew 5:13-16) without being held back.

who cares if tsunami kills us tomorrow?
are we going to waste today worrying about a tomorrow that might never come?

or are we going to use today for God's glory, so that if tomorrow never comes here on earth, at least we did all we could today?

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you turn off your RSS feed for your blog? can you even turn it off?

sarah said...

i have no idea what RSS feed is.haha.but i didn't turn off anything.uh, i didn't turn on anything either.

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.