Monday, May 11, 2009

promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance

My youngest sister, rebekah's blog has this song by miley cyrus from the new hannah montana movie. It's called the climb. The moment i heard it through, the words struck a chord with me.

Ironic how this 'non-Christian' song got me to instinctively reflect my Christian life. I feel like these few months, i have been facing a lotta mountains in my life. The small ones, the bigger ones. I realised without really realising it before that they are the ones that are shaping me slowly everyday now, changing my view and take on some things, and making my heart right in gray areas. But at the same time, i realise these are the ones that are so wearisome, draining me of the will to keep going sometimes, because being human, i cant help but stop and think- i just don't have the strength to go on anymore. Lord, i'm tired.

I was chatting with wenshan, a uni classmate yesterday night. He's a really grounded Christian guy and i was just so discouraged in this one particular area of working with people and i was sharing with him and his words were so encouraging and i could tell it was spoken from experience.

I was flipping through the book by joyce meyer jon gave layyean on her birthday saturday morning, and i read something that said

It doesn't take any special talent to give up or lie down on the roadside of life and say, "I quit!"

Which is so true. So many times i just wanna tell God i quit! But i want to be different, and the way there is i've gotta first learn to get over life's disappointments and deal with them so they don't get me down. I can't afford to let them pile up and accumulate into something that drags me down later down the road.

Then i'm gonna let God pick me up.

2 papers down, 2 more papers to go. Can't wait, although i have to say in all my finals, i have never been less stressed. So blessed with many people encouraging and praying for me everyday you know who you are thank you=)

See y'all at the end!

3 comments:

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

When you feel like quitting, keep going!

It's hard to abide by that statement, but if you can you'll be able to do better in whatever you do ;)

Keep up your good work, Sarah!

sooaun said...

hey Sarah, guess what? it never ends... life is one challenge after another... but remember 1 cor 10:13... besides, it's not what we face but how we deal with it that matters, and God allows us to go through different trying times to teach us lessons and to learn to trust Him in each situation... :)

sarah said...

thanks for the encouragement:)