Thursday, May 21, 2009

both a little scared, neither one prepared

It's easy to boast about not fearing death when there is no imminent threat to your life. Easy to say, 'I'm not afraid of death! I know where I'm going and Who i'm gonna see right'?

But when death is closer, when your days are numbered in real finite digits, not just some unpredictable surety, do you wonder?

When i close my eyes here, will i open them straight away in heavenly realms? Will i, like in the movies, be lying on the ground, picking myself up to find white surroundings, approaching high gates to find my Lord. Or will He be the One who wakes me up and walks me into His courts? Will He be the first sight i behold at heaven? What would be my instinct reactions?

My imagination runs wild, till i'm hard put to contain it. Am i even ready to meet Him? Will we be as close as i claim us to be here on earth?

Perhaps not. So much more effort to be put into this relationship. So many more things that should stop being taken for granted, Some life revamping is in order.

It really makes you stop. And think.

Really think.

I Can Only Imagine - Mercy Me

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me

I can only imagine
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You

I can only imagine
I can only imagine

2 comments:

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

I guess many people face that problem, and we have to work on it. Sure, exams and uni are the main reasons we don't have time. Soon that'll be replaced by work..

But if that is gonna be inevitable, here's what I think: Retire early and get busy with the Lord! xD

I'm not sure whether you posted this because of the aftereffects of the exam period, but I can say that you are one of the very few people I know who has put a lot of effort into keeping a good relationship with the Lord, and that is something you do very well and at your very best ;)

All the best for your exams~~!! ^^

alvink said...

update lah mak cik :P