Tuesday, August 12, 2008

i was sitting, waiting, wishing

once upon an afternoon, while i was bumming around the house, i got a job. haha yupe, no searching efforts required. just one phonecall from hiewmun asking if i wanted this translating job. i do have to go for an interview, but i think it's just a formality thing. i hope! yeah hiewmun has my back, even when i don't have my own back.

i watched 21, the new movie. i had the time of my life really. cause i absolutely loved it. it's about this group of students using basic math to win at blackjack. the incorporated mathematics in the movie intrigued me and totally caught my attention. it got me trying(and of course failing, but nevertheless) to understand when they explained simple concepts of the math involved.
kaiseng was explaining what he understood to me in the elevator but it kinda makes us appear like freaks so haha.

i've been thinking about this one thing- going out of our way for someone. what triggered this in my mind?

well, i was recently blessed with this video sermon that served as a hard reminder. God saw us when we had no way out from our sins. we could have done nothing about it, headed for death. hell. but God made a way. He sent Jesus, holy, to die and pay for our sins.
You see, the point is God would not have been an unjust God had He not decided to send Jesus. but because He could, He went out of His way to save us. He didn't have to, make no mistake.

i don't go out of my way to help people much, if not at all. being the selfish person that i am, i couldn't be bothered. i want to. it's inconvenient(that's the whole point of going out of the way) but i don't just want to try. i really want to fall in step with God even though my sacrifice could never be as great or be worth as much. i want to go out of my way for the little things that no one but God would notice, for the big things that would give glory to God.

i am so selfish and proud. yes, i've been thinking a lot about this too cause it strikes me hard and i don't like it. but i guess this post should end. maybe another day.

big and small, God take all the glory.

No comments: