Saturday, September 27, 2008

so bring on the rain, and bring on the thunder

Wow. I had a long week, crazy but fun. Classes started and so i am (finally) an undergraduate, cause i feel like i've been telling people i'm in foundation since forever. Classes have been great, I have a lecturer who has the exact same accent as Zohan. I hated the movie because it was made up of dirty totally unfunny jokes, but i really like this lecturer.

Because my mum's not home, on top of homework I now have chores to do. Since my mum left at short notice and we all had plans for the day, she basically had 10 minutes to teach me how to iron before i went out. So that's my chore. Actually, i did learn how to iron in national service, but since one ironing board had to be shared among 32 people, and i am an absolute snail in ironing, my dormmates always offered to iron for me to speed up the process, no complains there.

It's been working out pretty well. Except that now, one week later, we really really miss home cooked food and are honestly getting sick of hawker food. (Well, we already felt it on the 3rd day) We daren't start our first cooking lesson without our mum in fear of her returning to a non-existent kitchen, destroyed by her 3 daughters to whom she entrusted the kitchen which also happens to be her favourite hangout.

The most amazing thing is, bekah has been having bread almost everyday for recess, lunch and dinner and still she still doesn't mind having it. I had it for one meal and until now, i steer clear. I had a whooping one week's worth of classes(friday's cancelled) and now another week of break.

We are definitely too spoilt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mayb maggie noodle is another option???
ithink i noe who the "zohan" lec is...
=)

sarah said...

they got eat maggie but i cannot la, i am balding:( i dont wanna lose the little hair that i have left

Anonymous said...

consider hiring me s ur temporary chef??;P
ur hair ok la...not yet botak~~
=)

-Δορκας- said...

U CAN'T IRON??!! Now I don't feel that bad anymore.... And for the record, I have been eating out my WHOLE LIFE!