Saturday, November 15, 2008

Your grace is enough for me

I didn't have classes today(only today) and so a battle ensued within me. Either i go to uni to get some questions answered by my lecturer(and celebrate kamhing's birthday) or i sleep in. I haven't had a chance to sleep in since forever, and by sleep in i mean 10am not 4pm yes i know, the world is changing. First obama, now me. I keep telling myself you're gonna get to sleep in for 4 months next summer just keep at it now!

See, being a barely average student, who gets good grades by God's grace alone, and by alone i mean alone alone, (which when i come to my senses and think about it, is actually the best thing to be proud about) i struggle a lot to keep up, and it doesn't help that i'm lazy. I think i've stressed enough in my previous post(s) about this attribute that i'm not proud of.

I am experiencing in a whole different way what it means when God said His power is made perfect in my weakness (2Cor 12:9). It doesn't mean when i don't feel weak his power is limited. It's just that when i realise how powerless i am, i begin to realise just how great He is. I fully rely on Him. When i think i have something to boast about, i take a lot of the glory unconsciously(excuses). But when i feel helpless i realise it's all Him, it was never me. My pride takes a hike, and i admit my limitations to embrace His sufficiency.

What's on my mind? Work, report, study, coursework, assignment, projects, tests and what not. I am stressed out, worried and everything a typical student is when all the work pile up. Inferiority rears its ugly head out sometimes and
makes things worse. But somehow when i so desperately seek some sort of comfort, Jesus gives this peace which transcends all understanding.

His grace is enough.

3 comments:

Kai Seng said...

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me.
"2co 12:9"

nice verse!!
one of the fav verses to weak cactus too!!
=)
jia you...=P

Anonymous said...

Tough times are aplenty, perhaps you're experiencing the worse side of it.. But yes, God's grace can keep you strong. Keep praying and God will answer you. (For sure! I mean, you're probably the most holy and faithful Christian I've ever met in my entire life! =D)

So, lastly, "GAMBATE, SARAH-SAN!!" ^^

Anonymous said...

By the way.. I washed my clothes today and.. T_____T