Monday, December 29, 2008

so far, we are so close

Bing Bang Ding Dong BOOM!

and then it was 2009.

So, maybe not yet. But we're so close. What's another year? I guess it's another challenge. Another year of growing in our walk with Christ. And another year of just enjoying His working in our lives. Another year of trying to be that someone we wanna be so bad, but find it so hard to be. Christ-like.

Resolutions? I gave up on that, that's if I ever begun with it(Always centered around shedding pounds which never worked anyway). I find the best way for me to have resolutions is if I just do it you know? Drops the pressure a little.

If I'm gonna have one, the only one would be for me to just keep learning to live my life the way God wants me to. And that's pretty general so I guess it covers a broad spectrum which is just as well. And I'm sure it's one that's gonna keep me busy for the rest of the years God's gonna bless me with. Bits of these details? Those blogposts i try so hard to keep consistent over the year heheh.

I have so much to be thankful for, family I can count on, parents I can always look to as examples on how to live my life, friends who I am so blessed with, and most of all God's presence with me in every single moment I go through, good and bad. Truly, He is my closest friend. I am so blessed.

It's good to look how far He's brought us, not losing sight of what's ahead. I want to gain closure in this chapter of my life before a new one unfolds, but in the end, closure or not, I can rest assured He'll still take me through the next year.

You have made know to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.
Psalms 16:11

A hymn that echoes my heart's desire as 2009 approaches. I remember so well singing it when i was still a kid. Through the years, He's taught me the truth of these words. With God by my side, i say bring it on! haha

Another Year Is Dawning

Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee.
Another year of progress, another year of praise,
Another year of proving Thy presence all the days.

Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace,
Another year of gladness in the shining of Thy face;
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast;
Another year of trusting, of quiet, happy rest.

Another year of service, of witness for Thy love,
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Father, let it be
On earth, or else in Heaven, another year for Thee.

Jesus, You are so, so good.

2 comments:

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

It's great that you've done a good job keeping yourself close to God. So many good things have happened because of that. Be proud of yourself! :D

Happy New Year, Sarah! ^^ And thanks for yesterday ;)

sarah said...

all glory to God;) and no problem at all clarence, you encourage me in the little ways that i really appreciate too:) have a blessed blessed new year!