Friday, February 13, 2009

the colours are brighter and the air is sweeter taste

Feeling down constantly and giving in to fear just won't do!

So I'll try not to.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4


I had a long but really fun day. Finally managed to visit soo aun kor at his office at time square, which is a music store called SMX. I tried the guitars there for a bit, and then he showed me some equipments around the store which were awesome! I even got to try this mini thing like a dj's and spun the disk to make the oh-so-famous scratching sound djs make haha. Went for lunch at Wendy's and it was really nice to catch up with him.

Then I went for slumdog millionaire with Joseph since he got off early that day. He's working in starbucks at time square by the way, and since I'm doing okay after drinking his handmade ice blended chocolate cream chip, it's a pretty good sign so guys, head on there!(free advertisement haha)

Okay, slumdog millionaire was really nice, cause it sort of depicts the reality that we choose to ignore. I don't summarise well so go watch it yourselves cause it's worth watching. Though at the end of the movie a bit potong la cause they just had to start dancing like some hindustan movie. Oh well, we gotta be true to ourselves right? Haha.

Whoops, don't worry, that's like right before the credits ady, I didn't say anything about the movie to spoil it for you- I hope;)

I'm having a really busy semester and it can only get busier, but I'll just elaborate on this in another post next time.

When I give a lecture, I accept that people look at their watches, but what I do not tolerate is when they look at it and raise it to their ear to find out if it stopped.
-Marcel Archard

Oh so true.

Thank you Dorcas for sharing this song, it speaks volumes to me, especially now.

I'm a Sanctus Real fan but never heard of this song. Not such a fan after all, I guess haha.

P/S: They were featured in a taylor's guitar magazine, the lead guy Matt Hammitt plays a taylor in the music video.

Sanctus Real - Whatever You're Doing

It's time for healing time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong

There's a wave that's crashing over me
All I can do is surrender

(Chorus)
Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Revaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow your will
or just climbing aimlessly over these hills

So show me what it is you want from me
I give everything I surrender...To...
(Chorus)

Time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to to release all my held back tears

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos but now I can see
This something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly
Something heavenly

It's time to face up
Clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out



Another long day tomorrow, have a great weekend everyone;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha ThKs for the advertisement! Oh nothing happened to you?! Then must be something wrong with my potion ady...haha :-)
Well working for so long ady, if I still can't master it, then i'll be long gone haha...
As for the others, starbucks' door is always open for u guys to come... But we'll see lor, if u treat me well, i treat u well lo kekekeke....