Tuesday, February 03, 2009

leave out all the rest

If you just happened to have seen my facebook status, you would know that I bumped into Mr Wong Choong Hann. Okay, if you do not know who is Wong Choong Hann, please utilise google. He is only like a professional badminton player!

So when I say we 'bumped' into him, we didnt literally bump into him. Here's what happened. Today after class at 3 we were supposed to go to kamhing and hing's open room for cny la together. I had a meeting so weiwen waited for me, and then we met up with dom, steph and clarence at the sa(student association) building and together with hing we got into weiwen's car. In the time it took for everyone to get settled in, I just happened to glance outside the back windshield and saw this guy, a girl and an older man. The guy looked really familiar but I just let it go as another familiar looking guy I see around campus everyday. Then as the car started moving, steph screamed(and I mean screamed)

'IS THAT WONG CHOONG HANN??!!'

And at that moment the recognition came back and it clicked! And i was like 'Oh my goodness, yes! It's Wong Choong Hann!' We all swivelled around to get a better look, but the car was moving and they were further away already. So obviously we made weiwen(actually he was the only guy who was screaming along with us in the car) turn into the next intersection that leads into the resident halls where WCH was headed. In the car, there was chaos! Weiwen was obviously still shouting, clarence was asking who is wong choong hann(=.=) and steph and I were busy looking for paper and pen to get his autograph. Dom was unacceptably unfazed by this obviously major incident. Our bags were in the car, but hing whipped out his pencil case and er, PAR(personal academic records) form and gave them to us.

Not wasting any time, we jumped outta the car and ran towards him, still slightly hesitant. I mean we weren't completely sure it was him. But why take the risk right? So I just went up to him and er, asked him if he's visiting. Then I asked if we could have a picture with him. The moment he said 'Sure!', it was obvious we hadn't mistaken his identity. So i gave my phone to the older man(who happened to be his dad, not the tour guide which I initially thought!) who passed the phone to WCH's sister instead. We got into position, and then my battery became low and wouldnt take! Of all the times! And steph's phone was in her bag.

So I told steph to get his autograph first while I ran back to the car to call hing to bring his phone! All these in the pouring rain. But it was all worth it.


Hing didnt even notice WCH, but he actually noticed the sister. I wasn't noticing her, but apparently she was really pretty. Guys, right? Put WCH right in front of them, and they wouldn't notice(except weiwen haha) cause they're too busy staring at his sister.

Anyway, the exhilaration lasted in hing's room throughout the time we were there. And steph and I are pretty convinced that this is a sign that Jason Mraz is next on our list of 'bumping-intos'. And he might even give away his guitar.

I'll try to snap back to reality real soon to give y'all a real update.

3 comments:

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

LOL. Yeah, you and Steph were really "wild"! XD

It's good you met a great person right before your very eyes at least. Heck, I haven't gotten that chance yet, but I'd like to meet Michael Bay. LOL

See you around ;)

Anonymous said...

woah! bestnyee! oh my gosh! envy! envy! =D

⊱Peiyi⊰ said...

accidentally found your blog... lol =)